Bridge the Gap
You're committed to your work. You're ambitious.
You've had these amazing moments of clarity where you said to yourself, "HELL YEAH! This is it! This is what I want to be doing for the rest of my life!"
But all around you, life continues to happen.
Your boss is freaking out about a big meeting coming up, and you're the one who has to scramble.
Your kid gets sick, and there goes the week.
Your partner is supportive, but they just don't get that you need some alone time to focus, and keep distracting you while you're trying to work.
And when you DO steal a few minutes to sit down to your work, all those loose ends shatter your focus, and nothing happens. Your brain goes all squirrelly, and you just can't face it…and you waste your whole window.
You start to ask yourself, Why can't I do this? What's wrong with me? How is that other people seem to be producing and publishing and getting their work out there…
Am I just not cut out for this?
You are an accomplished, committed, intensely creative person.
Isn't it time all that preparation and work starts to pay off?
You're not asking for miracles. It's not a question of jetting to the top of the New York Times bestseller list, or iTunes New and Notable, or retiring early on on your earnings.
You just want to be making your work, releasing it regularly, finding your audience, building your creative career…without killing yourself in the process.
At this point in your life, you've earned the right to walk into your workspace, know what the hell you're doing today, and GET IT DONE.
Facing the blinking cursor and feeling existential terror about your whole life direction should be replaced with launch parties and glowing reviews…
…and more importantly, the deep, calm knowledge that the work is yours to make and life is yours to direct.
You are the captain of this ship.
Step into your power and get your projects finished
In the Creative Focus Workshop and Momentum System, bid farewell to that punishing cycle, and start taking control of your projects, your creative process, and your life.
Set aside the fear, and become the creative you know you've got in you.
The CFW is a custom-built hybrid of coaching program and course
The Creative Focus Workshop is a 5-week group coaching program. The Momentum System is a small-group and individual coaching and accountability program that extends the CFW for 6 more weeks.
It's got online-course-like elements: Lessons that are presented in written and audio format, with worksheets. these elements are asynchronous and online—access on your schedule, wherever you want.
It's got in-person-seminar-like elements: I pace out the lessons over the course of five weeks so that we're all working on the same thing at the same time, to foment better, deeper conversations, and to motivate faster progress on your part.
It's got group-coaching elements: We have an active online community hosted on Slack where you and your colleagues can dive deep together and lend mutual support and ideas. I'm in there daily during the course, giving feedback and encouragement. (This element mirrors how students rely on each other and me in my live classroom.) We have group video meetings (that are also recorded) where you can ask questions live, and get answers tailored to your situation.
And, if you opt for the Momentum System (more on that below), it's got 1:1 coaching elements. You get facetime with me, to fine tune and hone your Creative Focus to your own life.
- 4 core modules where you investigate what's in your life now, what you're carrying with you, and what you hope to achieve.
The Creative 360 is the key to the Creative Focus Workshop method: nothing here is top-down, assembly line standard model. You build your sustainable creative life based on what's in your life now that you want to keep, and what you want to build.
- 4 tactical modules that walk you step-by-step through breaking down your overwhelming (-ly awesome!) projects, and building a support system to see you through to the triumphant launch of your work into the world.
- A special module designed to help you wrestle down the self-doubt that can cripple your best efforts—because when you start making real progress, that can really trigger your inner critic…but we will not let it stop you!
Instead, with the comprehensive support of your cohort in the CFW, you'll face down that doubt and forge onward, marking tangible, concrete progress on your work, and proving to yourself and the world that you're the real thing!
- 5 Weekly reviews - In the long run, having built a system around what you need is only half the battle. The other half (the other 90%, if I'm being honest) is using that system week in and week out to help you mark progress, lock in new insights, and gain on your creative goals.
Research shows that review is at the heart of learning retention. You may understand something when you hear it, but if you don't use it, you won't incorporate that understanding into how you function. AND, if you don't then assess what you've learned, you can lose it.
You're working far too hard on making a new life for yourself to let that happen.
- 3 live group coaching sessions. At the outset, in the middle, and at the end of the program, I will l hold live video sessions (recorded for those who can't make it, of course) where I present live training, answer your questions on how to tailor the program to your needs, and you'll experience the power and support of your colleagues, live.
- A vibrant community of fellow ambitious creatives walking the same path. The key, the heart of the Creative Focus Workshop is the amazing colleagues you'll meet inside. In our Slack group and in group coaching meetings, you'll find an incredible cohort of fellow creatives who care as much as you do about getting this right.
- 7 Program Bonuses. The Creative Focus Workshop comes with 7 bonus lessons, scheduled to show up in your inbox exactly when they'll be most useful in your CFW process.
And if you opt for The Creative Focus Momentum System…
The Momentum System is six additional weeks of support designed to double down on the principle of the weekly review, reinforce your hard-won gains from the Creative Focus Workshop, and use intensive group and individual coaching to truly support you as you embrace your ambition, and step into a new self-conception as a creative person.
- The entire Creative Focus Workshop is included in the Momentum system—all 9 modules, all the worksheets, all the bonuses, the engaged cohort of creatives, the video meetings. you'll go through the 5-week Creative Focus Workshop with the whole cohort, benefitting from all the power of the group's energy in pushing through your blocks and putting yourself on track to get your dream projects finished.
- You'll get an additional 8 weekly live group coaching meetings with me and your Momentum System cohort to build accountability and tailor your creative practice to your unique circumstances.
- Via Slack, live video face-to-face meetings, and a weekly accountability check-in, I'll be like your creative "personal trainer," to help you assess what you've achieved, and troubleshoot where your planning is running into trouble.
- You'll join a done-for-you accountability team—that you can continue to work with into the future, for as long as you want to—with the most motivated, engaged students in the Creative Focus Workshop. Momentum System students are SERIOUS about making their creative lives work.
- And if you opt for the Momentum System Plus, two live sessions of 1:1 coaching with me.
The Creative Focus Workshop Spring 2019 Cohort will launch February 2, and run until March 10. The Momentum System launches the same day, and runs until April 19. Need more specific dates/times? Check out the calendar.
The Creative Focus Guarantee
If you're not feeling the ground shift under your feet, get a full refund for the CFW and any unused coaching within the first 10 days of the program.